Pullman, WA | Full-time
Full Job Description
We are building a team of talented individuals that have experience in the Property Management industry. Being a part of our team means you will be supported, empowered, and committed to working cohesively to help the Company achieve its common goals. We are not just looking for a General Manager, we’re looking for a Leader to join our team.
We are looking for an efficient General Manager to manage the daily operations, advertise vacant properties, and handle resident relations. The General Manager’s responsibilities include managing financial matters, coordinating maintenance work, enforcing leases, and preparing performance reports.
To be successful as a General Manager you should be able to ensure efficient daily operations and meet financial objectives. Ultimately, an outstanding General Manager should be able to increase property value and satisfy resident requirements.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Preparing and managing budgets.
- Attracting new residents through advertising, property viewings, and encouraging referrals.
- Interviewing residents and running credit checks.
- Setting rental rates, negotiating and enforcing lease agreements.
- Addressing resident complaints and inspecting vacated units.
- Contracting and supervising repairs and maintenance work.
- Collecting rent, dealing with late payments, and handling operating expenses.
- Maintaining records of income, expenses, signed leases, complaints, maintenance, etc.
- Preparing reports on the financial performance of properties.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Maintains property rentals by advertising and filling vacancies, negotiating and enforcing leases, and maintaining and securing premises.
- Attracts residents by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current residents, explaining the advantages of location and services, and showing units.
- Contracts with residents by negotiating leases and collecting security deposits.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents, paying bills, forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving resident complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy, inspecting vacant units and completing repairs, planning renovations, contracting with landscaping and snow removal services.
- Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services and supervising repairs.
- Secures property by enforcing precautionary policies and procedures, and responding to emergencies.
- Terminating leases and initiating eviction proceedings.
- Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
What You’ll Bring To The Table:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience in real estate or sales
- 1-3 years management experience a plus
- Experience as a Property Manager or in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of property regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and property management software.
What Really Excites Us:
- Motivation for sales
- Negotiation Skills
- Familiarity with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Competence with office management software
- Internal communications
- Understanding of marketing and accounting principles.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Good customer service skills
What We Can Offer You:
- “Unlimited” PTO – We are all about work-life balance and encourage our team to take time off whenever they need it without worrying about how much PTO they have accrued.
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for Employees and 70% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for Employee’s Dependents.
- 401(k) Company match up to 4%
- An AMAZING team of people to collaborate with
About Book & Ladder:
At Book and Ladder, we create a home for our guests where we connect, imagine, and exceed expectations so that together we can become something more. Our goal is to revolutionize the way Student Housing is operated. We are more than managers and operators. We’re attempting to create an atmosphere that inspires the imagination and intellect of every resident, where delivering that experience is our passion of ours and where our four pillars are embedded in our daily thought process. Come join our amazing team!